Saturday, July 31, 2010

Finally...my computer is up and running again!

I have had my computer in the shop forever!!!! But as you can see it's back up and running, and I am back up and blogging...yay me!

Sooo much has happened in the last 2+ months. Little Emma is the most amazing thing ever...she's close to 12lbs now and we just moved her into 3month clothing...she's no longer our little newborn :( I can't believe how fast she grows and changes, you can see huge differences in a matter of days, with her. The lack of sleep and long fussy sessions are so worth it though....I can't say enough how much I love having her in my life.

Now that I'm no longer pregnant, my fibro is definitely back, but my doctor was also able to start me on Savella since I'm not breastfeeding. I'm telling you folks...it has made a world of difference in my life. Pre-Savella I was taking six 50mg tramodols a day just to manage my pain, on top of the cymbalta which also helps with pain control. Now I am completely off the cymbalta, and I take one-two tramodols a day for pain! It is so flipping awesome. What I do notice however is that with the new baby my muscles are very unrelenting...if I hold her one way for too long or too often...that area flares big time. My shoulders are giving me the biggest problems right now as they support all her weight when I carry her or burp her. i try really hard to alternate, but I'm using lots of heating pads at night to get through. I've always had trouble with repetitive movements and my fibro...whatever area of my body that is used over and over...flares in an unrelenting way.

As far as my exhaustion and the fibro, and the baby...it's hard to tell which came first...it's a chicken/egg scenario. I'm tired, but I'm not at the I can't get out of bed stage at this point which is good. Stress is also still a big trigger for my fibro...homelife has been less than peaceful as of late with our teenage son, and I definitely notice that major times of stress, cause my fms to flare...but all in all...I'm sooooo glad to be on the Savella.

I know that drugs affect everyone differently, and that this one can make you really nauseous...I had a bad two days, but that's all....I've heard of folks who have to stop the drug because it makes them so sick. If you haven't tried it, I would definitely recommend looking into it. It's made a world of difference in my life...I'm hoping that it will continue to do so. Cymbalta initially helped my pain a lot, but I found that that didn't last over time...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope all of you are doing well...I've missed blogging a ton, and hope to keep a regular schedule of posts going now that I'm back online with my puter, and not just my cell phone

love you all!

hobbz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed you and hoping to hear that all is going well!! So glad to know the meds are working. What a joy little Emma must be!! I loved the first year with both of our boys -- it's true that you can see them learning something new everyday!! Happy to read the update!!

Heather said...

Glad you have your computer back and enjoying life with Emma!!!!!!!!

Missie said...

Glad your back. Have a pain free week.