Friday, December 21, 2007

It's been awhile....I know....

So somehow life gets busy and I let time slip by without writing anything. The question I have is where does the time go???? Christmas is in 4 days for crying out loud....YIKES! I can't even tell you what I've been doing, I'm sure it was highly industrious though....not.

I have 10 days off over Christmas and I'm soooo excited. I can't even remember the last time I had that amount of time off. My husband is home from work, he works 2 weeks away and then spends 2 weeks home. So we get to spend some much needed time on our own for a week before he goes back to work. Once he leaves I'll have 3 glorious days on my own, which is VERY overdue. It's nice just to have time to recharge and not have to worry about anything. Stay up late and sleep in late, that's my kind of holiday.

I've been really achey the last week or so...not sure why, there probably isn't even a reason, fibromyalgia does what it wants when it wants so I'm just trying to roll with it. I don't like having to increase my pain meds though. I'm lucky that I only take Tramodol, which is non narcotic and non habit forming. I can also augment it with Tylenol...which has been pretty standard over the last few days. I find this stuff comes and goes, I'm just glad I've been off for the last 2 days, cuz it's awfully hard to concentrate with radiating pain all over. My in-laws gave us a heated mattress pad for Christmas....it has individual controls on each side MAN LET ME TELL YOU....it is truly amazing....it's like a giant heating pad. I've spent an hour each of the last three days just laying on the bed with it cranked on high, it really really helps. not to mention the fact that it's so very cool to get into a nice warm bed on a cold winter night.

I highly recommend one for anyone out there, fms or not...it's my new favorite toy.

Not much else to say, i'm not feeling overly chatty or inspired today, so I guess I'll wrap up this entry and catch ya later!

jan

No comments: