Thursday, August 21, 2008

Invisible Illness...indeed!

In searching around the internet today I found the link you see to the left. It's a site that is trying to increase the awareness of invisible illnesses that people struggle with day to day. Fibromyalgia is one of these elusive illnesses and I am just one among many who suffer from it's debilitating effects. I was diagnosed in 2005 and I'm still struggling to this day to find a way to live life with fms on my terms....as my blog entries indicate it has been a rather difficult journey.

I started this blog with the hopes of connecting with others that have similar illnesses as well as to increase awareness about how someone's daily life is impacted by these diseases. So, I was excited to join this site and help them increase awareness and spread the word to thousands upon thousands, so that maybe our voices will be heard and we won't feel so alone and isolated in the worlds we live in!

hobbz

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Sometimes I wonder if I had FM since childhood and no one knew. When I was experiencing growing pains, I was literally in pain. My joints ached, my breasts hurt (didn't really have any but they still ached). I would cry myself to sleep. I just thought it was something everyone went through until I recently asked my husband.

hobbz said...

Me too! I thought the aches and pains were just part of getting older and that everyone felt tired and exhausted....who knew???

Cinders said...

Hi Jan, how are you and your hubby after your ops? is the pain in your shoulder any better?
I must have a look at the invisible illness blog thing.
looking back I started with FM 16 years ago. It was in my back and I put the burning and feelings like a snake was running up and down my back down to stress. As a child I had growing pains. I wonder sometimes about the links.
take care of yourself