Sunday, September 16, 2007

in response to aplseed...

You are so totally right aplseed! Most of us are not in a position where we are able to survive financially, if we didn't work, or went on disability. There are so many people that are just "sucking it up" and going to work everyday. The problem is that EVERYTHING suffers when we do this.
1. it's impossible to do our best in our jobs
2. once we get home, we are essentially useless
3. for me anyways, all of time off is spent sleeping and recouperating so I can make it through the next day of work.
4. we can't be totoally present for our families
5. my social life sucks because, even when I do reach out and make plans to do something, unless it's spur of the moment I can't guarantee (sp?) that my body...let alone my brain will be healthy enough to follow thru.

I know that my husband struggles too, he wants so much to help, but he can't do it all himself, when it comes to cooking, cleaning, etc. I'm certainly NOT the person I was 10 years ago, and while some of me is better, I'm certainly lacking my same over achiever, go get it attitude....

i'm right there with you....I wish there was a quick and easy cure.....on second thought it wouldn't even have to be quick and easy.....just simply a cure.....

hobbz

1 comment:

aplseed said...

I am so glad you are getting this out. So many don't fully understand what we go through.I have had Family that are so oncerned about the decline in my health during this last flare,and I think they finally understand if not the FMS at least that it is a dabilitating syndrome.

Now that they are willing to actually recommend a drug for treatment of FMS,that more will come,and we will al be able to find enough relief to make daily life more bearable.If not a cure,I hope at least for this.

Still looking for that job I am needing,had to branch out and apply to a bit more physically demanding openings this week. I am praying every day tat the job I interviewed with last week will call me with some good news.