You are so totally right aplseed! Most of us are not in a position where we are able to survive financially, if we didn't work, or went on disability. There are so many people that are just "sucking it up" and going to work everyday. The problem is that EVERYTHING suffers when we do this.
1. it's impossible to do our best in our jobs
2. once we get home, we are essentially useless
3. for me anyways, all of time off is spent sleeping and recouperating so I can make it through the next day of work.
4. we can't be totoally present for our families
5. my social life sucks because, even when I do reach out and make plans to do something, unless it's spur of the moment I can't guarantee (sp?) that my body...let alone my brain will be healthy enough to follow thru.
I know that my husband struggles too, he wants so much to help, but he can't do it all himself, when it comes to cooking, cleaning, etc. I'm certainly NOT the person I was 10 years ago, and while some of me is better, I'm certainly lacking my same over achiever, go get it attitude....
i'm right there with you....I wish there was a quick and easy cure.....on second thought it wouldn't even have to be quick and easy.....just simply a cure.....